2020/2021 Warrington Post 240 Election Results
On July 14, 2020 Warrington Post 240 of the American Legion elected its new roster of Post Officers for the 2020/2021 American Legion Year. Your new Post 240 Officers are:
- Commander – Steve Stillwell (formerly House Committeeman)
- First Vice Commander – Bo Waggoner (formerly House Committeeman)
- Second Vice Commander – Paul Tauer
- Third Vice Commander – Ray Jernigan
- Finance – Sundy Mead (formerly House Committeeman)
- Historian – John Harvell
- Sergeant-At-Arms – Dave Buck
- Chaplain – Barry Hines
- House Committeeman, Chair – Kevin Summers
- House Committeeman – Jamal “AJ” Al-Jazra
- House Committeeman – Joey Rhyner
- House Committeeman – Tim Lowrey
- House Committeeman – John Warrick
In addition, the following Officer position are appointed by the incoming Commander and serve at the Commander’s behest. Currently, these appointed positions are filled by the following individuals.
- Judge Advocate – Dave Viechec
- Service Officer – Donna Hudson
- Adjutant – Joseph Bodmer
If you or any other Post 240 Legion member you know has any interest in serving their fellow Legionnaires in volunteer work here at Post 240, we are always looking for additional assistance. Please speak with our new Commander, Steve Stillwell, our Adjutant, Tony Hammerling, or any of our Post 240 Officers to share your interest. You can find more information and descriptions of the duties on these and all of our Post Officer positions at the following link:
We want to thank our outgoing Post Officers and wish them fair winds and following seas as they enjoy a well-deserved respite from the rigors of keeping our Post the best in all of the State of Florida during a tumultuous 2019/2020 term:
- Commander – Dave Forsman
- First Vice Commander – Tere Beckman
- Second Vice Commander – Tom Williams
- Third Vice Commander – Dan Quinn
- Sergeant-At-Arms – Gerald Dupont
- Joseph Bodmer – Adjutant
- Donald “Geno” Graham – Judge Advocate
- House Committeeman – Steve Stillwell (elected Commander)
- House Committeeman – Bo Waggoner (elected First Vice Commander)
- House Committeeman – Sundy Mead (elected Finance Officer)
- House Committeeman – Tony Hammerling (resigned to assume duties as Adjutant)
New Constitution And By-Laws Passed At July 14, 2020 General Membership Meeting
A thorough review and vote on the newly revised Constitution, By-Laws, and SOP’s occurred on July 14, 2020 at the General Membership meeting. Few changes were made to the documents by the membership present. The documents presented to the membership can be found at the links below for downloading and subsequent review. (NOTE: You will need a PDF reader program to open and read the proposed document changes, such as Adobe Reader, which can also be downloaded below at the link provided.)
Adobe Acrobat Reader download https://get.adobe.com/reader/
American Legion Post 240 Reopens
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 1100
Governor Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday, during an address at Universal Orlando, that the majority of the state would take another step in his reopening plan and move to phase two. DeSantis said the major difference Floridians will see under phase two is their ability to dine out and seek entertainment will be expanded. Bars will now be allowed to open. In his remarks made at Universal Orlando, the Governor made the following statement:
“In our phase two, we will be going with bars being able to operate consistent with this guidance diminished standing room occupancy so basically outdoor seating with social distance, a certain amount indoors, but you’re seated to get served. I mean … go enjoy. Have a drink. It’s fine,”
Under phase two, bars and pubs may operate at 50% capacity inside and full capacity outside for dine-in service.
For American Legion Post 240, this means that beginning Friday, June 5th, our Post will reopen its doors to members and their guests up to 50% of our capacity indoors, which will be approximately 100 individuals at any given time. We are not limiting members from bringing guests. However, all members are requested to be considerate of our current occupancy constraints and not bring more than two guests per day. With regard to entertainment and activities at the Post, nothing is reduced other than occupancy. This means the billiards room is open, dart boards are available to play, the card tables are open, and the Pull-Tabs machine is fully-functioning.
With regard to Wednesday Bingo, we are working diligently to determine how best to restart vital fund-raising activity in light of social distancing guidelines, and of course, the need for volunteers to serve as game callers, floor attendants, and administrative support – nothing happens without our volunteers. We truly hope to have Bingo restarted by the 17th of June or by the 24th at the latest.
American Legion, Warrington Post 240
Located in the New Warrington area of Pensacola, Florida, Post 240 is very close to Naval Air Station Pensacola, and only fifteen minutes from downtown Pensacola and the beaches of Perdido Key. American Legion Post 240 possesses abundant facilities and entertainment opportunities. With an spacious Event Hall, multiple lounge games including billiards, electronic dart boards, shuffleboard, tables for card games, and a fabulous full-service lounge, not to mention outdoor facilities for barbecues and events, we truly are a full-service Post.
Post 240 has numerous events happening on a monthly basis, including:
- Live music that is open-to-the-public at least once a month. The bands vary in music genres;
- Happy Hours in the Lounge 1600-1900 daily;
- Karaoke weekly on Friday nights from 1900-2300;
- “Pub Quiz” team trivia nights every Thursday starting at 1800;
- Big-time Bingo every Wednesday in the Event Hall featuring handsome payouts and multiple types of games;
- Mixed Dart Leagues on Wednesdays;
- Billiards nights on Thursdays from 1300-1700 being open to the public;
- And don’t forget, Ray and Sally’s Kitchen is open on Wednesdays (full menu) from 1700-2000; on Fridays (full menu and Steak Night Specials) from 1700-2000; and, for Sunday morning breakfasts from 0800-1100. For the present time, we’re also open on Thursdays for the Pub Quiz (bar food menu) from 1700 to 2000.
So come on out! Post 240 is your one-stop location for entertainment, camaraderie, fellowship and service to our military and civilian communities alike. You’ll be glad you did.
The American Legion was chartered by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veterans organization. Focusing on service to veterans, service members and communities, the Legion evolved from a group of war-weary veterans of World War I into one of the most influential nonprofit groups in the United States. This year the American legion celebrates its 100th anniversary of service to God and Country!